Program Description: The Online Safety Certificate presents recommended policies and guidelines for maintaining safe indoor and outdoor environments, as well as a safe transportation program. Participants will learn about basic safety in all settings where children play and learn; however, the majority of indoor hazards pertain to the infant-toddler group.
Program Objectives: Upon satisfactorily completing the Online Safety Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Identify strategies for reducing or eliminating indoor and outdoor hazards in the child care setting
- Identify recommended practices for ensuring toy safety
- Identify recommended practices for preventing poisoning by plants, chemicals, and other materials
- Identify basic features and practices of a safe infant environment
- Demonstrate understanding of toy safety standards and practices
- Demonstrate understanding of safety standards related to design, maintenance, surface, and supervision in the outdoor play environment